Quantico is a start-up that helps supercharge the growth of other start-ups.
We do this by giving them the finance support they need to build their business. We give startups like Charlie HR, Second Nature and Hussle access to FinOps experts on demand.
The finance sector has been dominated by old fashioned accounting firms who don’t understand startups or technology. We make accessing finance support as simple as accessing extra computing power on AWS: pay for exactly the support you need, exactly when you need it.
Since launching in 2018 we’ve grown incredibly quickly, all without external funding. We’re now a team of 30 people and we’re on track to double again in 2022!
To learn more about our story, our mission and our values, check out our Team Handbook and watch our video here.
About the role
As a Talent Manager, primarily you will manage the end-to-end process of recruiting exceptional talent to join the Quantico team. Gradually with time you will also play a key role in nurturing and developing our people and culture. Our product is our people, so being able to find, motivate and retain talent is the single most important thing we have to do.
Our investment in interview simulations and career coaching mean that we’re already ahead of the competition, but we still have a lot of work to do. Your challenge is to make sure that everything runs as it should do, and take us to the next level.
This role encompasses the full range of talent acquisition, people operations and culture so that you get to influence the wider people journey as you grow in this role.
What you will get up to
1. Talent acquisition
- Working with teams to identify and attract diverse talent into the business ahead of time
- Manage the full hiring process for roles, including sourcing candidates, promoting opportunities, screening, interviewing, allocating technical interviewers and deciding between candidates
- Building a strong talent pipeline for our company’s current and future hiring needs
- Developing long-term recruiting strategies and nurturing relationships with potential hires
- Helping scale the talent function by implementing new and optimising existing processes
2. People operations
- Manage onboarding of new joiners at Quantico
- Continuously identify ways to improve team engagement and wellbeing (e.g. organising away days)
- Oversee the continuous coaching and development of our people (including the probation and appraisal processes), to enable all members to thrive in their roles
- Evolve our ways of working and our people infrastructure (e.g. policies, systems and processes)
What you will get from us
- A share in the success of our business. Our profit share scheme applies to everyone in the team post probation, meaning we all benefit when the team does well.
- Opportunity to play a key role in growing our team of experts and have a real impact on the business.
- The ability to work flexibly and build the role around how you work best, whether that means from home or our awesome office near London Bridge (with free weekly yoga and Box HIIT classes, monthly breakfasts and regular drinks).
- A dynamic, sociable team, including drinks on the roof terrace every Friday and a social calendar.
- Free lunches (via a £5 daily lunch allowance).
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays), + 1 more day with every full year of employment!
Who you are
Your ideal experience
- Proven work experience (3+ years) working in talent acquisition, recruitment or people operations
- Hands-on experience managing hiring processes from start to finish for multiple roles
- Experience working with an ATS or HRIS, or ability to learn new software quickly
- Experience working in a startup environment is strongly preferred
Your ideal skillset
- A highly organised, responsive and detailed oriented individual who can bring structure quickly
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong relationship management skills
- A resilient mindset, with the ability to respond well to setbacks
We are passionate about supporting startups but also about giving those in finance exciting, fulfilling careers. So much so, we just launched an education business, the School of FinOps, to shake up the staid market of accounting qualifications.
Young people are embarrassed to describe themselves as accountants. Through the School of FinOps, we’re creating a new career path for those with finance and accounting backgrounds, teaching them the Finance and Operations skills they really need to succeed in a start-up but have never been taught.